The Engineering Career Centre (ECC) offers two internship programs that are specially designed to help undergraduate U of T Engineering students develop the skills and experience they need for the workplace. The Professional Experience Year (PEY) Internship and the Engineering Summer (eSIP) Internship Program are each equipped with a range of opportunities and benefits that can be tailored to each student’s career pathway.
How do I register?
Disclaimer: The Engineering Career Centre does not hold partnerships with employment placement agencies, head-hunters or third party recruiters. Our partnerships are strictly with organizational recruitment representatives from Human Resources, University Relations and Hiring Teams (Managers) that have direct engagement with our students.
Register your organization on the Engineering Career Centre’s Career Portal: https://uoftengcareerportal.ca
- Click on ‘Employers‘
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click ‘Register for an Account’
The Career Portal is the hub where our students, recent graduates and alumni visit for job opportunities. From your account, you will be able to post opportunities, view submitted applications, schedule interviews, and extend offers. We require complete information recorded in the system for easy reference. You will receive a confirmation email after your registration is approved with details on next steps. This usually takes one business day. You will then be able to post your opportunities. There is no cost to registering, posting, or recruiting from any of our programs.
Previous users: Please use the same login information. If you have forgotten your login details, please contact us email@example.com
When do I post?
Please see our 2018 – 2019 PEY Recruitment Dates
Please see our 2018 ESIP Timeline and Program Information
How do I post?
After registering your organization, log into your ECC Career Portal account, go to Internships and Experience Program and click on Post a Job.
The Professional Experience Year Internship Program
During their Professional Experience Year (PEY) internship, students take a year off from their studies to gain hands-on, practical, and challenging experience related to their discipline. If you have a position that meets the criteria below, please post your opportunity on our online Engineering Career Centre Career Portal, where eligible students can view and apply.
- Students are available for 12 – 16 month internships. The internships can start between May 2018 and September 2018 and end between May 2019 and September 2019.
- For companies located in the USA, students can complete a maximum 12 month internship due to visa requirements. For a shorter term, please visit our 4 month Engineering Summer Internship Program (eSIP) for details.
- Students must work full-time during their internship. They will not be enrolled in core classes during this time, as their sole focus is on the work experience. Students may occasionally enroll in an elective course in consultation with their supervisor and at the discretion of the Director.
- All PEY positions are paid. The average Canadian PEY salary for 2016-2017 is $47,272. Please see our Salary Statistics for a breakdown by discipline.
- Employers are required to complete a mid-term and final-evaluation to provide internship students with feedback and assess their performance on the job.
Which students are eligible for PEY?
The PEY program is open to eligible 2nd and 3rd year undergraduate students within the Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering and the Faculty of Arts & Science.
|Engineering||Arts & Science|
|Computer & Electrical||Commerce/Business|
|Engineering Science||Life Sciences|
|Materials||Pharmacology, Toxicology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry|
* Consult a PEY Coordinator if you are you interested in recruiting from a discipline that is not listed above.
If you have questions about the program and process, please contact one of our PEY Coordinators:Marlyn de los Reyes: firstname.lastname@example.org; 416-946-8816 Kate Epp: email@example.com; 416-978-0431 Fazia Khan: firstname.lastname@example.org; 416-978-8628
The Engineering Summer Internship Program
- Students are available for 4 month internships, from May 2018 to August 2018
- eSIP is open to all eligible second and third year full-time engineering students
Which students are eligible for eSIP?
The eSIP program is open to eligible 2nd and 3rd year undergraduate students within the Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering.
|· Chemical Engineering||· Material Engineering|
|· Computer Engineering||· Mechanical Engineering|
|· Electrical Engineering||· Mineral Engineering|
|· Engineering Science||· Civil Engineering|
|· Industrial Engineering|
If you have questions about the program and process, please contact Megan Tate, email@example.com, 416-978-6649.