Transition to the Workplace:
eSIP students who have secured an internship should attend a mandatory Transition to the Workplace session before starting their internship. Please check the ECC Career Portal Events & Workshops calendar to sign up.
- Submit an eSIP Acceptance Form 2017 to the Engineering Career Centre (ECC)
- Attend a Transition to the Workplace Session
- Submit an electronic copy of your offer letter/contract to the ECC
- Ensure you know the logistics of your internship: start date, work location, work hours, etc.
- Ensure you have an Off-Campus Work Permit (only applies to international students working in Canada)
- Ensure you have a Social Insurance Number (SIN) – applies to all students, domestic and international
- Ensure you have appropriate visa and health coverage and have completed the Safety Abroad process (if working abroad)
- Final evaluation and reflection report due on Blackboard
The eSIP evaluation form and eSIP reflection report are to be completed at the end of the student internship (September 30, 2017) and uploaded to Blackboard.
During your eSIP internship, you are required to submit the evaluation and reflection report to fulfill the program requirements. If your employer has her or his own evaluation form, it will be accepted in place of the program’s form. Your supervisor/manager is also required to complete sections of the evaluation and reflection report. It is your responsibility to ensure these documents are completed and submitted on time through Blackboard. You may access the documents here: eSIP Evaluation Form and eSIP Reflection Report.
If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the ECC at any point during your internship at email@example.com or 416-978-6649.