PEY Checklist (additional information below):
Administrative information can be found through this link
- Upload a PEY Acceptance Form 2018-2019 to the Engineering Career Centre (ECC) Career Portal (Labelled ‘PEY Acceptance form’)
- Attend a Transition to the Workplace Session
- Upload a copy of your offer letter/contract to the ECC Career Portal (Labelled ‘PEY Contract’)
- Ensure you know the logistics of your internship: start date, work location, work hours, etc.
- Ensure you have a Co-op Work Permit (only applies to international students working in Canada)
- Ensure you have a Social Insurance Number (SIN) – applies to all students, domestic and international
- Ensure you have appropriate visa and health coverage and have completed the Safety Abroad process (if working abroad)
- Look into OSAP payment options (if receiving OSAP)
- Update your Career Portal Work Term contact information (work email, phone number, supervisor name, etc.)
- Update your contact information in the Safety Abroad Database (if working outside of Canada)
- Check your ACORN account for the PEY fee and part-time incidental fees (you will be notified via email of a balance on your ACORN account)
- Mid-term Evaluation due on Career Portal (updated August 2017)
- Register for courses for the next academic term
- Final evaluation and PEY Internship Paper due August 1st on Blackboard
- PEY Engineering Student Conference September 6th
- Attend a PEY Debrief Session
Transition to the Workplace
PEY students who have secured an internship must attend the mandatory Transition to the Workplace workshop. Please check the ECC Career Portal Events & Workshops calendar to sign up.
OSAP Information for PEY Students
More information provided by Enrollment Services: OSAP INFO FOR PEY STUDENTS-Handout – 2017
If you have a university scholarship which is renewable for the 2018-2019 academic year, which is your PEY year, the funds will automatically be deferred while you are on PEY, the payment will be made once you return to full-time studies after your PEY. Please note that Faculty awards will be paid during your PEY year.
PEY Evaluations and Reports
All PEY students are required to submit the PEY Midterm Evaluation, PEY Final Evaluation, and the PEY Internship Paper to fulfill the program requirements. Details have been emailed to current PEY students and posted on Blackboard.
Your supervisor/manager is required to complete sections of the Midterm and Final evaluations and the PEY Internship Paper. It is your responsibility to ensure that these documents are completed and submitted before the August 1st deadline through Blackboard. Organization specific evaluation forms can be submitted in place of PEY evaluation forms.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for issues regarding Blackboard.
Contact ECC staff at email@example.com or 416-978-3881 / 416-978-6649 if you have questions or concerns regarding the final requirements.
PEY Engineering Student Conference
The 2017 Conference will take place Wednesday September 6th, 2017 at the Bahen Centre. Returning PEY Engineering students can participate by navigating to the “I would be willing to give a presentation at the PEY Engineering Student Conference” event on the Career Portal under “Events & Workshops”. Complete information before August 1st, 2017 to have your paper reviewed by Faculty Selection Committee for conference publication. Participation in the Conference is optional and not a program requirement.