Our PEY and ESIP programs help you search for that internship, secure the job, deal with complicated situations at your workplace, and gain the PEY/ESIP non-academic credit on your transcript. Use this ECC Roadmap to make sure you’re taking full advantage of the program and not missing anything that may jeopardize you receiving the PEY/ESIP credit.
Winter Period: January 5-11 2018
- After checking your eligibility, register online
- Step-by-step instructions can be found here
- Find upcoming workshops on the Events Calendar or the Career Portal in the side ‘Events & Workshops’ tab
- 1-on-1 appointments on the Career Portal in the ‘Appointments’ tab
- International Students
- ESIP: Make sure your Study Permit is valid for the May 2018- August 2018
- PEY: Start processing your Co-op Work Permit once you receive a Confirmation Letter from our office. Visit the Centre of International Experience for info sessions and assistance with your Co-op Work Permit.
Accepting an Offer
Deadline: August 3, 2018
- Feel free to book a consultation about your offer through the Career Portal. For company specific questions, email the Program Coordinator on the job posting.
- Once you accept an offer, fill out and submit the required documents.
- Your ACORN account will be charged the Placement fee ($975) + Incidental fees (varies)
Transition to Workplace Workshop
- After you accept an internship, view the Events & Workshop Calendar on the Career Portal for an upcoming workshop. This is a mandatory workshop to help prepare you for your internship and needs to be completed before your internship starts.
- Students who are working internationally are required to attend a Safety Abroad Workshop.
Start your Internship
- Your student status will change from full-time to part-time. You will be eligible for part-time coverage.
- When you start your internship (May-August 2018), we offer support during your internship. Contact the office when you need guidance or help with a complicated situation.
- There are Evaluations and Papers that need to be submitted, depending on your program. You will receive an email that outlines all the details and deadlines of these documents.
- ESIP: Final Evaluation + Reflection
- PEY: Midterm Evaluation, Final Evaluation + Paper
Return to Full-time Studies
- After you complete your internship, you will come back to U of T to start full-time studies (September 2019). Your status changes from part-time to full-time.
- Your evaluations, papers, and reflections will be processed in the Fall semester.
PEY/ESIP Credit Update
- Your PEY/ESIP credit will be updated on your transcript by mid-January 2020.
- If you submit your evaluations, papers, and reflections late, we cannot promise your transcript to be updated by mid-January.