2023 Ottawa Industry Tour
Wednesday, February 22 through Friday, February 24, 2023
Tour is sold out - thank you for your enthusiasm!
Participating students will receive a full itinerary before trip departure.
See what Canada's capital has to offer
Are you considering which companies to apply to for your Summer or PEY Co-op work term, or which city to do your Co-op in?
Have you thought about starting at the top in Canada's capital? Ottawa offers outstanding Co-op employers as well as a sought-after lifestyle.
The ECC's second annual industry tour is designed to help you take a closer look at O-Town and get behind the scenes at some interesting companies:
- Two nights, three days
- Travel from Toronto by bus; stay in an Ottawa hotel
- Meet employers and tour their companies
- Visit a major attraction
- Network with other students and employers at an evening reception
- Use your free time to explore
Who should consider participating
- The 2023 Ottawa Industry Tour is primarily for second- and third-year U of T Engineering students who are currently in the recruitment cycle for Summer and PEY Co-op work terms.
- UTM CompSci students coming up to their PEY are also very welcome!
- Current undergraduate students who have completed their PEY and are considering Ottawa or an Ottawa employer for their post-graduation employment are also invited to participate. We regret that due to capacity limits, we cannot include grad. students, although we appreciate the interest.
- If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
10 reasons to consider Ottawa for your Co-op
- Industry sectors include software, communications technology, life sciences, federal government, aerospace, defence, security and more
- Highest concentration of tech talent and second highest concentration of scientists and engineers in North America
- Responsible for 90% of Canada’s industrial telecommunications R&D
- 1,750 knowledge-based businesses
- As Canada's capital region, Ottawa is home to many national institutions
- Nature, sports and outdoor activities close at hand
- Historic sites and cultural attractions galore; festivals all year round
- Wide variety of restaurants with varied cuisines and price points
- A beautiful city with remarkable architecture and civic pride
- Big enough to have all the amenities you want ... yet small enough to be friendly and easy to navigate
But don't just take our word for it: see what Ottawa Tourism has to say!