UTM Eligibility for PEY Co-op
The following information applies to:
- Second-year UTM students currently registered in the PEY Co-op program.
University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM) students must meet and maintain the PEY Co-op eligibility requirements throughout the program:
- Remain enrolled as an undergraduate student at UTM in one of the following programs:
- Information Security Specialist
- Bioinformatics Specialist
- Computer Science Specialist, Major, or Minor
- Remain enrolled in a full-time course load for the semester before and after each work term in the PEY Co-op program.
- Students with part-time status may be considered for the programs if they have received accommodation from the University. Examples of accommodation include, but are not limited to: having a reduced course-load accommodation with Accessibility Services, or being an active Varsity athlete. Students with PEY Co-op accommodation needs should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Remain in good academic standing throughout the duration of the program and associated work terms.
- Remain in good financial standing at the University of Toronto.
- Not currently part of another co-op program at the University of Toronto.
- Both domestic and international students may participate. All international students require a valid work permit to participate in a work term. The UTM International Education Centre can provide guidance and support for those who require it. Students are encouraged to apply for any required work permit as soon as possible after being admitted to PEY Co-op.
UTM students can find more information here
Students registered in PEY Co-op can also access more information on program requirements through Quercus.
PEY Co-op program fees are applied according to the . Fees will be applied to all registered students’ invoices on ACORN beginning in second year.
PEY Co-op fees for students registered in their second year in 2021-2022 (Cohort 1) are presented below in Canadian dollars.
Note: Students who are not enrolled in the indicated Year of Study for the indicated Academic Term will be subject to the applicable fees for the cohort matching their actual Year of Study for that Academic Term. Fees are set by the University and are subject to change as approved by the Governing Council during the annual meeting each May.
|PEY Co-op Fees for Cohort 1|
|Installment Number||Year of Study||Academic Term||Amount|
|Installments one and two||2nd Year of Study||Winter Term 2021-22||$450.00 + $450.00|
|Installment three||3rd Year of Study||Fall Term 2022-23||$450.00|
|Installment four||3rd Year of Study||Winter Term 2022-23||$450.00|
|Installment five||Work Term||Fall Term 2023-24||$900.00|
|Installment six||Work Term||Winter Term 2023-24||$900.00|
* The total shown will not be accurate for students whose progression results in them spanning multiple co-op cohorts.