Welcome to PEY Co-op & ESIP Information Session! This recording is designed to help you learn more about the PEY Co-op and ESIP program.
There are two registration periods for the PEY and ESIP Programs:
- Fall Registration: Sept 10 to 21, 2021
- Winter Registration: Jan 5 to 19, 2022
Professional Experience Year (PEY) Co-op & Engineering Summer Internship (ESIP) PEY Co-op:
- 12 – 16 month continuous work term from May-September 2022 to May-September 2023
- Available for eligible 3rd year Engineering and Arts & Science programs (International Students: Engineering, Computer Science Major/Specialist at St. George campus and Information Security and Computer Science Major/Specialist at the UTM campus)
- 12-16 weeks (4 months) between May – September 2022
- Available to all 3rd year Engineering Students
Who should watch this Information Session?
This session is intended for all 3rd and 4th year students interested in PEY or ESIP programs.
Engineering Students in 2nd year: Please join an orientation session to learn more about the new PEY Co-op Preparatory Program and get your questions answered! See more information below
By watching this recording and attending the Live Q&A sessions, you can expect to gain an understanding of the commitments, expectations and administrative requirements of each program, as well as the types of support you can expect from the Engineering Career Centre. This is a great first step in determining which program is right for you.
Please view the recording first, and jot down any questions you have. The Engineering Career Centre staff will be hosting Live Q&A sessions on the following dates:
*To enable captions, click on the Closed Captions CC at the bottom right and select “English”).
Live Q&A Dates
- Friday, Sept 10th - 12pm
- Monday, Sept 13 – 12pm
- Tuesday, Sept 14th – 12pm
- Wednesday, Sept 15th – 12pm
- Thursday, Sept 16th – 12pm
- Monday, Sept 20th – 12pm
Meeting ID: 975 0156 8504 Passcode: 547492
- Don’t forget to check the Frequently Asked Questions section of our website for PEY Co-op and ESIP before attending the Live Q&A.
What changes have been made to ensure Covid Safety during the Recruitment Cycle?
- We will continue to monitor and follow the recommendations of Health Canada and the University of Toronto’s COVID-19 response plan and notify students of updates on how the recruitment process will proceed into fall and winter.
- The co-op recruitment process for the 2022- 2023 will continue to operate remotely. Students will upload their application documents and apply to roles online via the system on portal or company website/email, as usual.
- We are encouraging our employer partners to continue to conduct and complete the interview process virtually (web conferencing, phone call, skype, etc.) until further notice so that students are not required to travel for an interview.
- If a student has any questions regarding job postings, resume/cover letter support, interview process and preparation, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you into the program!
For further information about registration, please email us at email@example.com
Other questions not related to registration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for Engineering Students in 2nd year
Please join an orientation session to learn more about the new PEY Co-op Preparatory Program and get your questions answered!
- Monday, September 13th @5pm
- Wednesday, September 15th @noon
- Monday, September 20th @noon
- Wednesday, September 22nd @5pm
Event Links will be available in your PEY Co-op Prep Program Quercus course on the Supplemental Programming page. Note that the course will become available on September 9th.
If you are a 1st or 2nd year Engineering student and have not yet registered for the PEY Co-op program, you can learn more and register via the ECC website