2024 Ottawa Industry Tour
Wednesday, February 21 through Friday, February 23, 2024
Registration is now open!
Students can register for the Ottawa Industry Tour on Quercus.
See what Canada's capital has to offer
Are you considering which companies to apply to for your Summer or PEY Co-op work term, or which city to do your Co-op in?
Have you thought about starting at the top in Canada's capital? Ottawa offers outstanding Co-op employers as well as a sought-after lifestyle.
The ECC's third annual industry tour is designed to help you take a closer look at O-Town and get behind the scenes at some interesting companies:
- Two nights, three days
- Travel from Toronto by bus; stay in an Ottawa hotel
- Meet employers and tour their companies
- Network with other students and employers at an evening reception
- Use your free time to explore
Who should consider participating
- The 2024 Ottawa Industry Tour is primarily for second- and third-year U of T Engineering students who are currently in the recruitment cycle for Summer and PEY Co-op work terms.
- UTM CompSci students coming up to their PEY are also very welcome!
- Current undergraduate students who have completed their PEY and are considering Ottawa or an Ottawa employer for their post-graduation employment are also invited to participate. We regret that due to capacity limits, we cannot include grad. students, although we appreciate the interest.
- If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
10 reasons to consider Ottawa for your Co-op
- Industry sectors include software, communications technology, life sciences, federal government, aerospace, defence, security and more
- Highest concentration of tech talent and second highest concentration of scientists and engineers in North America
- Responsible for 90% of Canada’s industrial telecommunications R&D
- 1,750 knowledge-based businesses
- As Canada's capital region, Ottawa is home to many national institutions
- Nature, sports and outdoor activities close at hand
- Historic sites and cultural attractions galore; festivals all year round
- Wide variety of restaurants with varied cuisines and price points
- A beautiful city with remarkable architecture and civic pride
- Big enough to have all the amenities you want ... yet small enough to be friendly and easy to navigate
But don't just take our word for it: see what Ottawa Tourism has to say!